River Clean Up 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
Begining at 8am on May 8th, dumpsters will be ready and a River Clean Up representative will be on duty to check in volunteers, answer questions and direct safe dumping at designated Mississippi River landings. VOLUNTEERS MUST REGISTER ONLINE, then check in at one of these landings: Clinton Street West Landing, 7th Street Landing, Goose Island West Landing or Fred Funk Landing on Brice Prairie. All volunteers, regaurdless of age, must compete the online registration. Volunteers will receive trash bags and gloves, then move out on the water, along shorelines, and through neighborhood streets near the river to collect trash and return it to the landings to be properly disposed of.
- We are only accepting online registrations. Anyone who didn't pre-register prior to the clean up will be asked to register by phone while at the landing.
- River Clean Up representatives at the landings will practice and enforce masks and social distancing.
- Each landing will be stocked with sanitizer, gloves and trash bags for volunteers. If you are more comfortable bringing these items from home, please do so.
- The CDC recommends people wear a cloth face covering while out, we are asking volunteers to do the same.
- Volunteers are asked to work individually or with members of their household.
- There will be no after party for volunteers.